Financial Accountability Office of Ontario – Toronto, ON
Looking for a dynamic and flexible work environment where you can apply your public relations skills? Consider joining Ontario’s Financial Accountability Office.
The Financial Accountability Office (FAO) of Ontario provides independent fiscal, financial and economic analysis on the state of the Province's finances, trends in the economy and related matters important to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. For more information about the FAO, please visit our website at www.fao-on.org.
The FAO is seeking a seasoned Communications Coordinator to join our team. Under the direction of the Director of Operations and the supervision of the Communications Manager, you would work both as a member of a team and independently to coordinate stakeholder relations and draft a variety of communications materials such as press releases, issues notes, and social media posts.
Under the supervision of the Communications Manager:
- Develop, coordinate and implement tactical communications to ensure consistency across the FAO’s strategic plan, operational directives and brand.
- Manage the FAO’s social media accounts, overseeing the strategic plan for all platforms.
- Manage project timelines and logistics including outreach and implementation of all communications materials. Resolve issues that may occur and escalate problems as required.
- Work with the FAO’s Digital Graphic Designer to manage and coordinate English and French website contents.
- Ensure the design, technical needs and analytics of the FAO website and social channels are linked to and supported by the appropriate communications initiatives and strategies.
- Conduct research and find resources to make informed decisions about communication opportunities.
- Coordinate and oversee logistics with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario (LAO) and vendors for all FAO events including technical requirements, invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, room layout, venue and catering selection, signage, travel, staffing and thank you letters.
- Support the FAO Officer and the Director of Operations in working to develop and maintain positive relationships in the development of proposed public education/outreach initiatives and services.
Produce a daily media scan and provide staff with a summary of relevant news for all FAO publication releases, including additional research and analysis of media issues as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 5+ years of experience in communications and/or equivalent work experience, with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Political Science.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively or independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A general understanding of website content management system (CMS) software and knowledge of HTML an asset.
- Proficiency in using standard office software applications e.g. Microsoft 365 Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet, Outlook) to develop communication products, coordinate events and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Diplomacy, discretion and relationship management skills to develop effective partnerships with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, Ontario Public Service (OPS) and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with high attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of French and a valid driver’s license as well as photography/videography experience an asset.
File No.: FAO-2022-03
Closing Date: July 8, 2022
Salary Range: $65,495 - $83,491 per year
Job Term: 1 Permanent Position
Please apply by sending your letter of interest and resume, quoting the above file number, via e-mail to HR@fao-on.org. Attachments must be in MS Word (.doc, docx), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.rtf) format.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Financial Accountability Office of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.