Financial Accountability Office of Ontario – Toronto, ON
Looking for a dynamic and flexible work environment where you can make an important contribution to evaluating public policy in Ontario? Consider joining Ontario’s Financial Accountability Office.
The Financial Accountability Office (FAO) of Ontario provides independent fiscal, financial and economic analysis on the state of the Province's finances, trends in the economy and related matters important to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. For more information about the FAO, please visit our website at www.fao-on.org.
Under the direction of the Financial Accountability Officer and as part of the senior management team of the Office, you bring strong management skills to the operations of the Financial Accountability Office, based on a well-established understanding of good governance and administrative procedures. You also bring an awareness and understanding of the Ontario political environment, the structure and operation of the Ontario government and the mandate of the Financial Accountability Office.
• Leads the efficient and effective delivery of office services, including financial planning, accounting and reporting, office administration, facilities management, human resources planning, records management, and communications.
• Establishes, maintains and leverages a network of contacts and partnerships with counterparts in the Legislative Assembly, government Ministries/Agencies and other key organizations, ensuring that the Office’s work and mandate is broadly understood and supported.
• Directs the preparation and reporting of the Office’s annual budget submission, including multi-year projections.
• Supports the Chiefs and Officer in human resource management, including performance management, professional development, recruitment and selection, onboarding, payroll and benefits administration programs.
• Assesses, recommends and oversees implementation of appropriate records management systems for financial, human resource and other information.
• Manages the calendar of the Office and Officer, coordinating key meetings, presentations, product releases, ensuring that appropriate support is provided.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have demonstrated experience and understanding of the public sector environment, with knowledge and interest in parliamentary procedures and current legislative matters to anticipate and manage the implications for the Office.
Additionally, the Director of Operations will have:
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish and foster positive working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, combined with an awareness and sensitivity of the partisan political environment within which the Office operates.
• Proven ability to lead and mentor staff, overseeing the professional work of multiple teams within a fast-paced office environment.
• Demonstrated experience managing physical and human resources, undertaking projects and initiatives, as well as contributing to and implementing strategic plans.
• A university undergraduate/graduate degree or equivalent of 8-10 years of related experience in the management of a fast-paced office environment.
File No.: FAO-2019-03
Closing Date: March 18, 2019
Salary Range: $112,570 to $128,651 per year
Please apply by sending your letter of interest and resume, quoting the above file number, via e-mail to HR@fao-on.org. Attachments must be in MS Word (.doc, docx), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.rtf) format.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Financial Accountability Office of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code