Financial Accountability Office of Ontario – Toronto, ON
Looking for a dynamic and flexible work environment where you can apply your issues and social media skills? Consider joining Ontario’s Financial Accountability Office.
The Financial Accountability Office (FAO) of Ontario provides independent fiscal, financial and economic analysis on the state of the Province's finances, trends in the economy and related matters important to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. For more information about the FAO, please visit our website at www.fao-on.org.
The FAO is seeking an Issues and Social Media Coordinator with a passion for complex economic and fiscal policies to join our team. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and the Team Lead, Communications, you will be responsible for issues management, social media, and website content.
- Perform the media analysis and media monitoring function while proactively utilizing media tracking tools and performing research on the media cycle and issues affecting the FAO.
- Assist in the development and implementation of broader social media strategies across all channels to raise awareness, drive engagement and manage FAO's corporate reputation with target audiences.
- Conceptualize, research and develop issue/briefing notes and backgrounders.
- Develop social media plans, including social media editorial calendar and regularly scheduled updates and assist with video content creation for FAO channels.
- Enter and organize data on CMS (Content Management System) on FAO website
- Identify opportunities for issues management process improvement initiatives and service enhancements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a college diploma or university level undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism or in a related field.
- At least 1-3 years experience with a strong focus and understanding of issues-management and social media or equivalent work experience within government /financial related setting.
- An ability to synthesize complex economic and fiscal information and adapt into digestible communication materials for a multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
- Diplomacy, discretion, and relationship management skills to develop effective partnerships with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, OPS and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in using standard office software applications e.g. Microsoft 365 Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet, Outlook) to develop communication products.
- Strong familiarity and aptitude with social media tools that support the communications profession, particularly Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively or independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of today's media landscape
- Bilingualism (English/French) and a valid driver’s license are an asset.
File No.: FAO-2020-03
Closing Date: June 26, 2020
Salary Range: $32,045 - $50,084 per year. Salary to commensurate with experience and education.
Job Term: 6 months contract with the possibility of renewal
Please apply by sending your letter of interest and resume, quoting the above file number, via e-mail to HR@fao-on.org. Attachments must be in MS Word (.doc, docx), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.rtf) format.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Financial Accountability Office of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code