Team Lead, Communications
Financial Accountability Office of Ontario – Toronto, ON
Looking for a dynamic and flexible work environment where you can make an important contribution to communicating about public finances in Ontario? Consider joining Ontario’s Financial Accountability Office.
The Financial Accountability Office (FAO) of Ontario provides independent fiscal, financial and economic analysis on the state of the Province's finances, trends in the economy and related matters important to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. For more information about the FAO, please visit our website at www.fao-on.org.
The FAO is seeking a seasoned Communications Team Lead to join our team. Under the direction of the Direction of Operations and the Financial Accountability Officer, you would work both as a member of a team and independently to develop, manage and implement corporate communications strategies and provide communications advice and public relations expertise to the FAO senior management team.
- Develop and manage the FAO’s annual strategic plan and communications strategies for reports and commentaries
- Consult with senior management and collaborate with economists and financial analysts to identify and clarify contents, priorities, needs, goals, issues and messaging for FAO publications
- Develop and apply performance measures, reporting techniques and tools to monitor and provide on-going assessment of FAO activities on social media, in print and on broadcast outlets
- Lead, coordinate and evaluate market research and work with suppliers in the development of media scanning, issues tracking to optimize the provision of useful and timely advice
- Develop and draft communications materials like statements, key messages, news releases, newsletters, media scripts, social media and event plans
- Build and maintain professional relationships with Queen’s Park press gallery and media; MPPs and other stakeholders create opportunities to improve awareness of FAO’s mandate
- Provide advice and lead the development of new digital communications practices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
As a communications expert with financial/economic experience, you can target key media and influencer audiences; create distinctive content; develop multi-touch communications strategy; and drive measurable results which support and align with the FAO priorities and business objectives. As Communications Team Lead, you must be adept at leading cross-functional teams as well interact with senior executives in a public or private sector context. Additionally, the Communications Team Lead will have:
- Excellent strategic communications planning, writing, social media and public relations skills with a good understanding of finance and economics to ensure key stakeholders buy-in and interests
- Oral and written communications skills to articulate complex financial and/or economic information into clear and easy to understand language for media and stakeholders
- Research and analytical skills to provide accurate environmental assessment and measurement analysis by interpreting market and public opinion research and media monitoring
- Sound knowledge of digital media and experience in digital content production and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI
- At least 10-12 years of experience in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar area and equivalent work experience in government/financial fields.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to multi-task; meet tight deadlines and lead a small team
File No.: FAO-2019-06
Closing Date: July 25, 2019
Salary Range: $95,504 - $109,148 per year
Job Term: 1 permanent
Please apply by sending your letter of interest and resume, quoting the above file number, via e-mail to HR@fao-on.org. Attachments must be in MS Word (.doc, docx), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.rtf) format.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Financial Accountability Office of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code